New Corum Romvlvs Chronograph coming soon ¶
(Cet article n'est pas disponible en Français)
Romvlvs Chronograph is a new development in the Romvlvs line, adding a complication that provides traditional functions and features even more refined finishing details which enhance its classic, stylized and elegant design. Romvlvs Chronograph is also a first in the current collection, since it is the initial chronograph in the Romvlvs line by Corum.
The excellent finishing of this self-winding column-wheel chronograph movement, chronometer-certified by the COSC, was specifically developed for Corum in keeping with the highest criteria of fine traditional watchmaking. Its broad 44mm stainless steel case smoothly incorporates the famous 'wave-profile' bezel, which requires extremely complex, delicate and accurate machining. In order to ensure that the relief and motif of the Roman numerals engraved on the bezel are both impeccably precise and perfectly finished, Corum has taken the stamping technique to its ultimate level of sophistication, with over 50 separate operations required to achieve the desired result. The upper surface of the bezel is then mirror-polished to create a striking contrast with the satin-brushed esthetic of the Roman numerals.
The specially cut and shaped sapphire crystal with an anti-reflective coating, convex on top and concave below, requires specialized tools in order to manually place it into the bezel. It protects an elegant black or white dial with a vertical guilloche motif, complete with applied hour-markers, a minute circle around the outer flange, luminescent hour and minute hands, a date window surrounded by an applied ornamental fillet at 6 o'clock, as well as second- and minute-counters at 3 and 9 o'clock.
The case plays on the contrasts between satin-brushed and brilliant polishing. The two chronograph pushers positioned at 2 and 4 o'clock are satin-brushed and streamlined to follow the curve of the case. The generous dimensions of the fluted screw-lock crown facilitate winding and time-setting operations. It even features a miniature sapphire crystal protecting a tiny metallized Corum key symbol set against a black background. The screw-down case is engraved with the Corum logo, the name Romvlvs and a crown of laurels such as those worn by the Caesars of Ancient Rome. Its water resistance to 50 meters (5 atmospheres) is guaranteed by o-ring joints fitted in grooves specially machined in the caseback and the inner rim of the case.
Romvlvs Chronograph is fitted with either a crocodile leather strap or a steel bracelet featuring alternating brilliant-polished and satin-brushed links, complete with a customized Corum triple folding clasp in stainless steel.
Technical specification - Romvluvs Chronograph
- Movement: self-winding chronograph, CO-984, official chronometer-rating certificate (COSC), frequency: 4Hz, 28,800 vibrations/hour, 37 jewels, finishing specially designed and executed for Corum
- Functions: hours, minutes and seconds in the center, date, chronograph with second-counter at 3 o'clock, minute-counter at 9 o'clock, 42-hour power reserve
- Case: 44mm diameter, stainless steel, 'wave-profile' bezel engraved with 12 Roman numerals, screw-lock crown fluted with metallization of Corum key on sapphire, satin finished and polished stylized pushers at 2 o'clock and 4 o'clock, screw-down back engraved with CORUM logo, Romvlvs name and a crown of laurels
- Dial: black guilloche, 2 black counters, outer flange carrying the minute circle, luminescent hour and minute hands, date window at 6 o'clock
- Glass: cut, shaped sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating
- Strap: genuine black crocodile leather, width 23/20 mm
- Buckle: stainless steel triple folding clasp, cover with Corum logo
- Water-resistance: 5 atmospheres (165 feet / 50 meters)